With winter weather lurking, many of us are using antifreeze in our car to keep the radiator going. But the active ingredient in antifreeze, ethylene glycol, is dangerous, toxic and unfortunately, very sweet-tasting. For animals, it can taste like a treat, but it can be lethal if ingested. First, avoid letting your family pet linger in the garage if that's where your car is parked. Look for leaks on the garage floor, and clean them up if you see them. And if you suspect your pet has licked up some antifreeze, take them to the vet ASAP.
ANDREWS MCMEEL SYNDICATION