You may not realize it, but a wrapper that once held a chocolate bar or a piece of candy can be all too tempting to your family pet. And while a small wrapper may get eaten and easily pass through the digestive system, there is still the chance a wrapper could attach itself to the lining of your pet's stomach. If this happens, call your veterinarian; the situation is even more emergent if the candy was chocolate or made with the sugar substitute xylitol (which can be fatal). Generally, treat wrappers as if they are dangerous items: Discard them so your pet can never, ever find them.
ANDREWS MCMEEL SYNDICATION