Your car needs antifreeze in order for it to work properly during cold winter months. But most antifreeze is also toxic, and unfortunately it has a sweet taste and smell, so animals like to ingest it when they find it spilled in a driveway or on the street. When buying or choosing antifreeze, look for (or ask for) antifreeze made with propylene glycol instead of ethylene glycol. The former is nontoxic. And you can also buy brands that include an added ingredient -- a bittering agent -- the taste of which is unappealing to animals.
ANDREWS MCMEEL SYNDICATION