Believe it or not, one of the most dangerous things your pet can eat isn’t a food at all: it’s the bag your favorite chips or snack foods come packaged in. When you’re done eating your BBQ potato chips, a few remnants of the snack remain in the bag. If you leave the bag where your dog can find it, they’ll naturally stick their head in. A Facebook page called “Prevent a Pet Suffocation” says many animals actually suffocate when they trap themselves in the bag and are unable to breathe. To prevent this, simply cut the bottom of the bag open before throwing it away.
ANDREWS MCMEEL SYNDICATION