Instead of reaching for chemical chlorine bleach to kill mold spores in your home, reach for something just as effective but less toxic: hydrogen peroxide. Insert a clean spray nozzle into a bottle of 3 percent hydrogen peroxide and saturate the moldy surface completely. Allow the hydrogen peroxide sit for 10 to 15 minutes, then scrub the surface clean with a microfiber towel. The natural anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties of hydrogen peroxide are an effective way to kill mold and can work on a variety of surfaces. Added tip: Sprinkle a little baking soda on stubborn mold as an abrasive, and then saturate with the hydrogen peroxide spray.