DEAR HARRIETTE: I am torn. I have recently applied for a position that could be a dream job. Then I learned of another opportunity that could be awesome, too. I expect to hear from the first place soon, and I am not sure what I should do. If offered the first job, I figure I should take it. It represents job security and is a kind of big deal. But the other job is creative and more up my alley. I long for a creative environment, but I have financial responsibilities and don't know if it's wise to pass up a big job. Never mind that I haven't been offered anything yet. I'm trying to figure out my next steps. What do you think? -- Nell, Tacoma, Washington
DEAR NELL: It's time for you to be still. You should meditate on your options so you can listen to the still voice inside that can guide you to the right decision. I received advice years ago about a decision similar to yours -- a choice between two work opportunities -- and I was told that whenever you have a choice to make, choose that which will bring you closer to God. When neither is more immediately leading you there, do the practical thing. I have contemplated that wisdom many times over the years. I recommend that you do this now. Then you will be ready to respond to whatever offer is presented to you.