Join the debate. Vote Now on the Dear Abby Poll of the week.

by Abigail Van Buren

After 30 Years, Husband Says Marriage Isn't What He Wanted

DEAR ABBY: My 15-year-old son has difficulty expressing himself and keeps things bottled up. You often advise people to seek counseling. Could you please advise me about how to begin that process and how to find the right fit and person for one's individual needs? -- INVOLVED PARENT IN VIRGINIA

DEAR PARENT: Start by asking your doctor to refer you to a specialist who works with adolescents. The company that provides your health insurance can also give you some referrals. After you and your son meet the candidates, it is simply a matter of choosing a therapist your son feels comfortable talking with.

Read more in: Family & Parenting | Teens