Order your copy of Minding Miss Manners now.

Miss Manners by Judith Martin, Nicholas Ivor Martin and Jacobina Martin

How Can I Plan My Own Baby Shower During This Time?

DEAR MISS MANNERS: I inherited a silver bracelet from my mother. It is a Greek key design featuring ancient Greek temples, gods and boats between the stations. How should l wear it?

I like having the stations and designs face me, but maybe they should face outward so others could see them?

GENTLE READER: The acceptable reasons for wearing jewelry are to enjoy it oneself and to show the person who gave it to you how much pleasure you get from it. Showing off, however satisfying, is not a proper reason.

Therefore, wear your bracelet facing you. Should you be seized with the secret desire to show it off, Miss Manners could point out that by merely raising your arm from the elbow, you will give anyone within range the proper view.

(Please send your questions to Miss Manners at her website, www.missmanners.com; to her email, dearmissmanners@gmail.com; or through postal mail to Miss Manners, Andrews McMeel Syndication, 1130 Walnut St., Kansas City, MO 64106.)