Do Just One Thing for May 07, 2017

If you have pets or small children, there may be a good reason to remove magnets from your house. Small, powerful magnets called “neodymium” magnets come in tiny shapes and sizes, but have incredible strength because their magnetization is saturated. If more than two of these magnets are accidentally swallowed, they are naturally magnetized toward each other inside the body, which can puncture and rip intestinal tissue and cause serious punctures and wounds. Since powerful magnets are hard to recycle, it’s best to give them away if you want to dispose of them.

More like Do Just One Thing