Valentine Gift-Giving Is a Two-Way Street

DEAR ABBY: I'm puzzled. When was Valentine's Day designated as a day for females only? I have always been under the impression that Feb. 14 is a day of love! I sent my late husband flowers at work one year, and when the delivery man arrived at his office, the women all rushed over to the door only to find out they were for him. My husband told me that from the look on their faces they were astonished.

Perhaps you should remind women to spoil their men on Valentine's Day and not just expect something from them. The guys need love, too. -- LOVING WIFE IN GEORGIA

DEAR LOVING WIFE: I agree that Valentine's Day should be celebrated on an equal basis. Couples who last are those who make an effort to show each other they love each other every day.

Readers, I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you all a happy Valentine's Day. I deeply appreciate the relationship I have with all of you. -- LOVE, ABBY

Recent on uexpress