Mom Balks at Supervising Ex's Visits With Daughters

DEAR ABBY: I was married to my husband for 15 years and we have a set of preteen twins. After he was arrested and put in prison for possession of child pornography, I divorced him. After much counseling, it was determined that he had not hurt our children.

He will be released soon, and I don't want to see him. However, my twins do want to see their father. He is not allowed unsupervised visits, and I don't trust his family to watch him closely. Must I suck it up and let him visit with me present for our children's sake, or would it be better to cut ties completely and let him fight with the courts? -- ANGRY AND DISGUSTED

DEAR ANGRY AND DISGUSTED: Are there any relatives from your side of the family who would be willing to be present? If there are, that might be a solution. However, if there aren't, this is something you should discuss with a lawyer because the courts sometimes provide individuals who can supervise visitation.

Read more in: Marriage & Divorce | Family & Parenting