Ask Someone Else's Mom by Susan Writer

When She Makes More

DEAR SOMEONE ELSE’S MOM: My wife has a better-paying job than I do, which I’m more than okay with. She enjoys her work and I love mine. What I don’t like is that she sometimes holds it over my head that she is the bigger money-maker, sometimes making comments in front of family and friends.

I’m afraid if I complain to her about her digs she’ll think I’m just jealous or something. Am I better off keeping my comments to myself? --- SECOND INCOME GUY

DEAR SECOND INCOME GUY: You need to let your wife know that her comments bug you, especially since they could indicate a deeper attitude about your career choice. If she honestly disapproves of it, that’s the kind of resentment that can fester over time and cause major damage to a marriage.

Need advice? Please send your questions to Someone Else’s Mom at AskSomeoneElsesMom@gmail.com.