The Soaps: Tune In Tomorrow

Craig Checks in to 'Grand Hotel'

Bryan Craig (ex-Morgan, “General Hospital”) is starring in the new ABC prime-time soap “Grand Hotel,” which is produced by former daytimer Eva Longoria (ex-Isabella, “The Young and the Restless”). Craig is playing Javi Mendoza in the series, which is an adaptation of a telenovela that centers on the drama in the lives of a family that owns a Miami Beach hotel and the staff that runs the establishment.

“He is one of the most layered characters that I’ve ever played,” says Craig, adding that Javi has “a substance problem. So, Javi has some of the same issues, and in the same world that Morgan was in. Javi is a very troubled character, but he is also a lot of fun and a ladies’ man.”

"Grand Hotel" premieres June 17 on ABC.

SHORT TAKES:

Greg Rikaart, who recently ended his run as Leo on “Days of Our Lives,” returns to the canvas of “The Young and the Restless” as Kevin Fisher on a recurring basis this week. Fans of Rikaart and his character were stunned when the actor was axed from the show in 2017 after being a major part of the storyline for 14 years. Kevin was last seen on the show in February of 2018. It appears that Kevin is not going to come back to Genoa City as a “good guy.” And Kevin’s return is not going to be good news for his enemy Adam Newman (now played by Mark Grossman), who has “returned from the dead.” As fans know, Kevin took off for Oregon after learning that Chloe had fled there with their daughter, Bella, in order to escape from the police who wanted Chloe for the “murder” of Adam.

And yes, Elizabeth Hendrickson will also be returning to “Y&R” and her former role of Chloe. She currently plays the role of Margaux on “General Hospital,” but Hendrickson, who will be doing both shows for a while at least, doesn’t see a problem.

Meanwhile on "Y&R," the newly resurrected Adam is determined to find his son, Connor, and the boy’s mother, Chelsea. Melissa Claire Egan, who began playing the role in 2011 and left in early 2018, has let fans know that she is returning and has already been taping scenes, and will begin to appear in Genoa City in early summer (no exact air date was available). Egan left “Y&R” in January of 2018, but at the time alerted fans to the fact that she would eventually return. Sparks are sure to fly between her and Adam, but whether for the good or the bad is yet to be seen. Egan also played Annie McDermott on “All My Children” from 2006 until she joined “Y&R.”

The cast of “General Hospital” threw a going-away bash for Michelle Stafford (Nina) after she finished taping her final scenes for that show, and the actress is already back on “The Young and the Restless” set taping her scenes as Phyllis Summers, a role she left back in 2013. At this time, no air date for Stafford's return to "Y&R" was available. Also in departure news, Gina Tognoni (Phyllis, "Y&R") took to Instagram to post photos of her going-away party, stating: “A celebration of five years with my 'Y&R' family. My heart is full!” At this time, a last air date for Tognoni has not been revealed.

“General Hospital” fans will be missing Anna Devane, played by Finola Hughes, as the actress began her annual summer hiatus on May 31. In the storyline, Anna went to confront her twin sister, Alex, to find out whether she or Alex is Peter’s (Wes Ramsey) birth mother.

581-7500

More like The Soaps: Tune In Tomorrow