The Soaps: Tune In Tomorrow

Konefal Proud to be Polish

Long before she was Ciara Brady on “Days of Our Lives,” Victoria Konefal was Miss Poland USA. She won the honor back in 2015.

“I want to clarify that I am not a pageant girl,” says Konefal, noting that the whole thing came about after her mother secretly submitted her for a Miss New York competition. “I got it, and my mom was like, ‘That’s great. Now you qualify for Miss Poland USA.’”

Konefal reluctantly proceeded forward. “I took it with a grain of salt and had as much fun as possible,” notes Konefal. “I did not expect to win, but it was great to get in touch with my Polish heritage. It is something that I’m proud of and don’t get to experience much living in America. So, it was great to represent Poland in that sense.”

The results of the pageant ended up all over the newspapers in Poland. “My grandfather, who lives in Poland, called me with tears in his eyes,” remembers Konefal. “He was like, ‘I’m going to bring this to my doctor’s office and show him that you won.’ The pride that it brought my family was all that I really needed from it.”

SHORT TAKES:

“General Hospital” has cast veteran actress Veronica Cartwright to play a “top-secret role” in which she will appear in a special five-episode arc beginning in July. Cartwright was shown in a photo with Maura West (Ava), but it wasn’t clear wither they would be working together on the show. Cartwright is known for such big-screen gigs as Lambert in the “Alien” series, Rosalie Wells in the “The Children’s Hour,” and parts in “Invasion of the Body Snatchers,” “The Witches of Eastwick" and the “The Birds.” She has appeared in numerous series such as “L.A. Law” and the Netflix series “Chilling Adventures of Sabrina."

Rebecca Budig returns to “General Hospital” and her former role of Hayden Barnes, which she played from 2015-17, the week of June 24. Since Hayden left Port Charles pregnant with Finn’s (Michael Easton) baby, her return could make for rough times in the new romance between Finn and Anna (Finola Hughes).

Elizabeth Hendrickson has wrapped her run on “General Hospital” as Margaux Dawson and returns to “The Young and the Restless” the week of June 24 in her former role of Chloe Mitchell. Via Instagram, Hendrickson stated: “It was an incredible year at ‘General Hospital’ playing Margaux.“

Also from “GH” comes word that TK Weaver is out and Porter Fasullo is in as Danny Morgan. Via social media, a heartbroken Weaver thanked everyone for his run as Danny and wished Fasullo good luck in the role.

Cynthia Watros debuts in the role of Nina Reeves on “General Hospital” this week, taking over from Michelle Stafford, who is returning to “The Young and the Restless and her former role of Phyllis Summers, which she first played in 1994.

581-7500

More like The Soaps: Tune In Tomorrow