The Soaps: Tune In Tomorrow

Michelle Stafford’s (Nina Reeves) pending exit from “General Hospital" -- she is returning to “The Young and the Restless” to play Phyllis Summers -- has evoked many heartfelt goodbyes from her “GH” cast mates. Among those bidding farewell are James Patrick Stuart, who plays her love interest, Valentin Cassadine, and Scarlett Fernandez, who portrays Valentin's young daughter, Charlotte.

Stuart shared his thoughts and admiration for Stafford in the language of love, French, in a touching Instagram post. The translation in English is, “Michelle, I adore you. Thank you for making my life and work so magical. I will miss you so much.”

Stuart’s TV daughter, Fernandez, echoed his sentiments. “I will miss you,” shared Fernandez in a social media post. “Thank you for everything you did for me at ‘GH’ to make me a better actor! It was always fun with you on set! Best of luck to you! Love always!"

SHORT TAKES:

Over the next two weeks, “General Hospital” will present its 15th Nurses Ball, complete with a red carpet event heralding the arrival of many “General Hospital” characters dressed to the nines beginning on May 17. One of several charity events presented by “General Hospital” every year, the Nurses Ball is dedicated to raising money for HIV/AIDS awareness and research. In a statement, Frank Valentini, executive producer of “GH,” said: "This will be (the) 15th Nurses Ball. In the 25 years that we have been doing this, it’s been a thrill to treat our wonderful viewers with something a little out of the ordinary. This year will be particularly special and personal. We were able to incorporate original music and performances from a few of our actors, including James Patrick Stuart (Valentin). There’s a lot of heart in these amazing performances. You won’t want to miss them!”

Also, actor/director Chandra Wilson (“Grey’s Anatomy,” “Station 19”) will make her official Nurses Ball red carpet debut as Sydney Val Jean, Crimson magazine’s New York City fashion editor, who has a little red carpet rivalry with media maven Nina Clay-Cassadine. Also making a repeat (his sixth) performance in the Nurses Ball is KABC Los Angeles entertainment reporter George Pennacchio. Along with all the glamour, glitz and sparkly designer gowns, there will also be a surprise proposal!

The big news from “Days of Our Lives” is the return of fan favorite Stephen Nichols to his longtime role of Steve “Patch” Johnson, which he created in 1985. Nichols’ character was abruptly cut from the “Days” canvas last summer. Nichols’ fans, who have been hoping for his return ever since, are thrilled by the news. In fact, Nichols was also exited, and surprised, by the show’s sudden decision to bring him back, stating: “Well, I’ll be damned!” Nichols thanked his fans via social media, telling them he was thankful for their unwavering support during his absence.

At this time, no air date was available for Nichols' return, but he is already taping. “You gotta wait and see!” he teased his fans.

581-7500

More like The Soaps: Tune In Tomorrow