The Soaps: Tune In Tomorrow

Godfrey Finds Love Off-screen

Linsey Godfrey might be struggling with love as the romantically challenged Sarah Horton on "Days of Our Lives," but off-screen she’s found the real deal with actor Breckin Meyer. The pair met the way a lot of singles do nowadays -- on the internet.

“There’s an app for people in our industry for dating, and we met that way,” says Godfrey.

At the time, Meyer was out of town filming in Toronto, while Godfrey was home in Los Angeles. Hence, the couple actually got to know one other by chatting online.

“Most of our communication was just on FaceTime for the first week ... We’d sit on FaceTime for, like, four hours at a time,” recounts Godfrey. “So, when we finally got to meet each other in person, (we’d) known each other forever.”

Without further ado, the pair quickly began dating and, shortly thereafter, they were an established couple. “That was it. We were done,” says Godfrey, who’s been with Meyer for over a year.

Godfrey admits she was actually a fan of her beau’s work long before they met. In fact, she says that she tells him that all the time.

“I’m like, ‘I had the biggest crush on you when I was growing up. I loved Travis from ‘Clueless,’” she notes. “And I loved him in ‘Road Trip’ and all that kind of stuff. He thinks that’s really funny. He was adorable. We both have big crushes on each other. He’s the best.”

SHORT TAKES:

On “Days of Our Lives,” with Will (Chandler Massey) back in the hospital again with complications from a brain tumor that was presumably caused by the formula he took to regain his memory, it stands to reason that Will’s father, Lucas Horton, would be returning to Salem. Lucas was written out of the show last December. Although we have no actual airdate at this time, Bryan Dattilo, who began playing Lucas in 1993, revealed that he would be back in Salem in late May. There also has been no indication of how long Dattilo will be back on the “Days” canvas. With the return of Lucas there could also be a shakeup between Chloe (Nadia Bjorlin) and Stefan (Brandon Barash), who have been getting much closer lately.

Tyler Johnson debuts on “The Young and the Restless” in the role of Theo Vanderway on June 3. When in New York City, Theo and Kyle (Michael Mealor) worked together. A reason for Theo and Kyle’s reunion hasn’t been revealed as yet. Johnson has appeared on such prime-time series as “What Goes On,” “Gossip Girl,” “Chasing Life” and “30 Rock.” He has also modeled for Tommy Hilfiger, Abercrombie and Fitch and Ralph Lauren.

Jason’s high-tech buddy Damian Spinelli is back on “General Hospital” as part of Jason’s efforts to get the goods on Shiloh (Coby Ryan McLaughlin) who heads the suspicious cult Dawn of Day (DOD). Working from the inside is Sam (Kelly Monaco), who is pretending that she is all in as far as DOD and Shiloh are concerned. Spinelli and Jason have planted all kinds of electronic bugs in the DOD house to aid their efforts to reveal just how bad Shiloh is.

Gina Tognoni wrapped up her last scenes on “The Young and the Restless” as Phyllis Summers on May 2. Tognoni’s cast mates threw a going-away bash, confirmed their love for the actress and gave her a standing ovation. The role of Phyllis will be taken over by Michelle Stafford, who created the role in 1994. Stafford will continue playing Nina on “General Hospital” until her contract expires in June.

581-7500

More like The Soaps: Tune In Tomorrow