The Soaps: Tune In Tomorrow

Bjorlin Dishes on Stefan and 'Days'

After a sporadic “Days of Our Lives” run that has spanned nearly 20 years, Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe Lane) is finally realizing a longtime dream.

“I’ve always wanted to work in the DiMera universe, and now I am,” says Bjorlin, who’s suddenly living in the family’s mansion and keeping company with the duplicitous Stefan. “He just came into the picture out of nowhere ... totally out of left field. It’s been a really fast, odd transition, but it has been really fun.”

Storywise, Stefan invited Chloe and her children to live under his roof to protect them from the cartel that's seeking revenge against Chloe for murdering drug lord El Fideo. The twist has finally afforded Bjorlin a chance to work opposite Daytime Emmy-winner Tyler Christopher (Stefan), and she totally loves it.

“I’ve become a big fan of his,” admits Bjorlin. “He’s so good, really subtle and dark. You never know what you’re going to get from him. You find yourself having chemistry with him because he’s so interesting.”

In the weeks ahead, a romance begins brewing between Chloe and Stefan. However, just as things start to get physical, the audience should prepare itself for a major change. It’s at that point that Christopher will exit the role of Stefan for undisclosed reasons and be replaced by “General Hospital” alum Brandon Barash (ex-Johnny). Barash will begin appearing in the role on March 22.

“It’s hard, because it was just the beginning of something, and I was really enjoying it,” laments Bjorlin. “And you didn’t know what the fan reaction is going to be.”

However, the romance will continue. “It’s super different in color and energy in the way Brandon plays Stefan versus Tyler,” notes Bjorlin. “But Brandon is great. He’s such a nice guy. He’s a sweetheart and very well-prepared. It’s just a very different energy.”

If anyone can make it work, it’s Bjorlin. She’s had her share of romances during her run on “Days,” a notable one being Chloe’s last relationship with Lucas.

“That was sweet,” reflects Bjorlin. “We played out that whole sad storyline of baby Bonnie not being Lucas’ child, and Chloe being there for him during it all. When it ended, and Lucas decided to leave Salem to be there for his daughter, Bryan (Dattilo, who plays Lucas) and I were kind of sad. Even though Lucas and Chloe’s relationship was based on friendship and not really passion, they were sweet together.”

As for Chloe’s future with Stefan, Bjorlin reveals that another player will get into the mix soon.

“Gabi comes into the middle of it,” Bjorlin says. “So it’s going to be interesting.”

581-7500

More like The Soaps: Tune In Tomorrow