The Soaps: Tune In Tomorrow

'B&B' Hits the 8K

Congratulations go out to “The Bold and the Beautiful,” which celebrated its 8,000th episode on Jan. 4. The show premiered on March 23, 1987. The milestone episode revolved around the birth and death of Hope and Liam’s baby girl, Beth, which will not only affect the baby’s parents, but the members of the show’s core families, the Forresters, Spencers, Avants, Spectras and Logans.

In other news from “B&B,” the show has cast Katrina Bowden, a new series regular, as Flo. The actress debuts Jan. 14. All that is known about Flo at this time is that she has a past with Dr. Reese Buckingham (Wayne Brady). This isn’t Bowden’s first soap role, as she also appeared on the defunct “One Life to Live” as Britney in 2006. The actress had roles in the Lifetime movies “I Killed My BFF” and “Framed by My Fiance.” She has a couple of Hallmark movies under her belt, as well: “Love on the Slopes” and “Winterfest.” She appeared on such prime time series as “New Girl” and “Ugly Betty.”

Ingo Rademacher, who has been playing the role of Thorne Forrester on “B&B” since 2017, has decided to leave the show. On social media, the actor stated: “(I)t is true what you are hearing. I have decided to not continue with my contract on 'The Bold and The Beautiful,' and I’ll be finishing up my last episodes in January."

Rademacher suggested there is a possibility that he could return in the future. The actor’s last scenes will air during the February sweeps period.

Also departing from “B&B” is veteran director Michael Stich, who has decided to retire. He has been with the show since 1987, and has won three Daytime Emmys and three Directors Guild of America Awards. The last episode he directed on “B&B” aired in December.

SHORT TAKES:

Wedding bells often ring for soap characters, but at “General Hospital,” wedding bells will ring for three of the show's cast members, including Briana Nicole Henry (Jordan), who recently announced on Instagram that she is engaged to boyfriend Kris Bowers. The groom-to-be also took to Instagram stating: “Last night, this beautiful human agreed to spend forever with me. I’m the luckiest man alive.” Bowers is a pianist and has composed scores for film and TV.

The next “GH” actress getting ready to walk down the aisle is Elizabeth Hendrickson (Margaux), who posted on Instagram that her boyfriend, Rob Meder, proposed to her on Christmas Day. Meder, also using Instagram, posted a photo that showed off the ring.

Also using social media to announce his engagement was “GH” cast member Josh Swickard (Harrison Chase), who proposed to actress Lorynn York during the “GH” Christmas break while skiing in Colorado.

581-7500

More like The Soaps: Tune In Tomorrow