The Soaps: Tune In Tomorrow

If you can’t get enough of “Days of Our Lives” on a daily basis, you can go to the show's new podcast, “Inside Salem: Days of Our Lives Podcast," which was launched on Oct. 26, and is available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Google Play, among other platforms. The half-hour podcast provides viewers exclusive content, such as interviews and behind-the-scenes experiences. Exclusive show photos are available on NBC.com and the NBC app.

Filipino-American singer and actress Thia Megia has landed the new role of Nurse Haley Chen on “Days of Our Lives.” Other than the fact that J.J. Deveraux (Casey Moss) will apparently take a quick interest in Haley, we don’t have any further information on the character. At this time, there was no airdate given for Megia’s first appearance on the show. Megia finished in the top 11 in the 10th season of “American Idol.” And no, so far there has been no hint of whether Megia will be demonstrating her vocal talents as part of her “Days” storyline. The actress has appeared on such shows as “Totally Funny,” “Tails of the Blue” and “Pop Music High.” Via Instagram, Megia said: “Salem, here I come! I am so blessed to be a part of the DOOL fam and I can’t wait for you to join me on my journey as Haley Chen."

Actors who have returned to the “Days” canvas recently include Kate Mansi, who is back for a short run in her former role of Abigail Deveraux. Marci Miller had been playing the role until her recent departure. Also back is Gilles Marini as shady lawyer Ted Laurent, who has promised to help Hope (Kristian Alfonso) prove that Ben (Robert Scott Wilson) set the long-ago cabin fire that nearly killed her daughter Ciara (Victoria Konefal). Likewise back is Greg Rikaart, who as Leo Stark is causing all kinds of trouble for Sonny (Freddie Smith) and Will (Chandler Massey). In the coming weeks, you will be seeing the return of several more “Days” favorites.

Gone from “Days of our Lives” is Vanessa Williams, who played Valerie Grant. The character moved to Washington, D.C. to take a high-powered job on Nov. 21.

SHORT TAKES:

While his unique character name, Tripp, may seem odd to some, “Days of Our Lives” actor Lucas Adams reveals it’s always appealed to him.

“I actually like the name Tripp,” insists Adams. “I know it sounds weird, but I’ve always liked the name Tripp ever since I saw 'Failure to Launch' with Matthew McConaughey. That was his character’s name in the movie. At the time, I was like, ‘That’s a cool kind of name.’ I remember thinking about that, when I found out it would be my character’s name on ‘Days.’”

In honor of Maurice Bernard’s 25th anniversary playing Sonny Corinthos on “General Hospital,” ABC has released 20 episodes chronicling the best and most memorable moments of the relationship between Sonny and Carly. The episodes feature the current Carly, Laura Wright, as well as former Carlys Sarah Joy Brown, who originated the role, and Tamara Braun (who now plays Kim Nero on the show). To watch the episodes, go to abc.com/sonnyandcarly.

581-7500

More like The Soaps: Tune In Tomorrow