The Soaps: Tune In Tomorrow

Lamon Archey Dishes on Tattoos

Lamon Archey’s (Eli) shirtless scenes on “Days of Our Lives” reveal a lot more than just a man with a spectacular set of abs.

“I have a lot of tattoos ... about 12,” says the actor. “They actually don’t show them all on TV. Some of them have to be covered up with makeup, because I have my son’s name, my dog’s name and my middle son’s birth date tattooed on me. I’ve got my nickname, Mone, too. Everyone calls me Mone, back home. It’s short for Lamon.”

As for the rest of his ink work, Archey notes that there’s “a Native American band and a dragon tattoo. I’m also an Aries, so I have a ram on my back. I have a tribal band around my waist. In my rebel days, I got the Earth on fire, and it says ‘Hell on Earth’ on my shoulder.”

Another small but significant tat on Archey is the word “nine” on his shoulder. “That’s a number that’s always been important to me,” notes Archey. “My fiancee Mercedes’ birthday is June 9. My birthday is April 9. My middle son Caden’s birthday is July 9. My daughter Gaia’s birthday is May 29. And my oldest son Machiah’s birthday is on September 8, which is the ninth month.”

SHORT TAKES:

Jessica Graf, who appeared on the 19th season of “Big Brother,” made her acting debut on “The Bold and the Beautiful” on Oct. 2, and will reappear on Oct. 17. Graf plays Jody, a hostess at I1 Giardino Restaurant. Graf appeared in scenes with Kimberlin Brown (Sheila Carter) as well as Heather Tom (Katie) and Darin Brooks (Wyatt), the latter two of whom she credits with putting her at ease and giving her a lot of welcome help. Graf was pleased that “B&B” named her character “Jody,” because it is a combination of her first name and the first name of her boyfriend, Cody (Nickson).

New to “B&B” is Francisco San Martin in the role of Mateo, whom Eric (John McCook) hires as the manager of his estate. Hint: It will not take Quinn (Rena Sofer) long to come up with a way to use the poor man to advance her efforts to get Eric back.

Greg Rikaart (Kevin) on “The Young and the Restless” kicks off Soap Opera Month at Harrah’s Casino in Atlantic City, New Jersey on Oct. 5. Christian Le Blanc is featured on Oct. 12, Tracey Bregman on Oct. 19 and Kristoff St. John on Oct. 26. You can go to ticketmaster.com for information or caesars.com/harrahs-ac/shows, which lets you click on photos of the actors.

Sean Carrigan (Stitch Rayburn, “The Young and the Restless”) stars in the new Netflix mock-docuseries “American Vandal” as Coach Rafferty.

Also, watch for “Y&R” fan favorite Beth Maitland, who makes a return appearance as Traci Abbott on Oct. 9.

Congratulations to Jason Thompson (Billy Abbott, “Y&R”) and his wife, Paloma Jonas, who welcomed a new baby girl, Rome Coco Thompson, on Sept. 20. The baby has a big brother, Bowie, who was born on May 23, 2016.

Genie Francis returned to “General Hospital” as Laura this week after her annual summer hiatus, which the actress spent in Maine. Meanwhile, Gene Farber is the actor playing the not-so-nice Dr. Klein on “GH,” who is in charge of Patient No. 6, played by Steve Burton, at the Bronsky Clinic in St. Petersburg, Russia. Burton’s character name has not yet been revealed.

581-7500

More like The Soaps: Tune In Tomorrow