They may look pretty when they light up in the sky, but fireworks small and large can be a huge detriment for your pets. In addition to the loud noises that can cause anxiety and stress in your furry friends, they are also very poisonous if ingested. Fireworks contain flammable chemicals like potassium nitrate, sulfur and the coloring agents that create those spectacular displays but also can make your pet very sick. Even sparklers and noisemakers can be dangerous when pets lick remnants that may be left behind. Avoid them if possible and leave the displays to the pros.
ANDREWS MCMEEL SYNDICATION