Angry Outbursts Spoil Group's Enjoyment of Spirited Debates

DEAR ABBY: When my husband and I go out in public, he doesn't introduce me to people. I have told him more than once how it makes me feel. He introduces his sister or our children if they are close by. Because of this, I shrink away or speak very little when he talks to others. I also avoid attending social situations with him.

I don't want to break our family up, but I feel like "nothing" around him. My husband seems happy with me at home. We don't go out to dinner, but we do have some good friends. I'm not a trophy wife, but I think I'm a good catch. What can I do? -- WIFE OF SUPERFICIAL HUSBAND

DEAR WIFE: What you can do when your husband "forgets" to introduce you is smile, speak up and say, "Hi, I'm 'Janie,' his wife." And when you are in private, remind him that his failure to introduce you is rude, and you find it insulting.

Read more in: Marriage & Divorce