Overserved Party Guest Hides Mishap on Sofa Under Pillows

DEAR ABBY: I am a boarding school student, and I absolutely hate it here! I worked hard to get in, and I realize how lucky I am to have been accepted, but I just want to go home and go to school at my public high school with all of my friends and my brother. My friends understand, but my parents think I'm over-exaggerating. I am sad all the time, and I cry at least once a day. How do I approach this to help my parents understand? -- AWAY FROM EVERYTHING

DEAR AWAY: You stated that you worked hard to get into this school, but you miss being with your friends back home. The quality of education you are now receiving will prove very important when you are getting ready for college. It's possible that with some help you can make new friends at this school. Stop crying alone and talk about your feelings with a trusted teacher or administrator. I'm sure it won't be the first time the person has heard something like this, and the input you receive could prove helpful.