Join the debate. Vote Now on the Dear Abby Poll of the week.

by Abigail Van Buren

Mood Swings Cause Young Teen to Question Emotions

DEAR ABBY: My daughter was recently married. A close family member -- a cousin -- gave her and our son-in-law a check at the reception. The check bounced.

It's been more than a month since the check was returned to them, and I'm sure their bank charged them for the overdraft. I was waiting, hoping they would reach out to my daughter or me and send a replacement check.

Should I call my cousin directly? I feel deep down that he must not know this happened because he would have done something about it. -- BOUNCED CHECK IN NEW JERSEY

DEAR B.C.: If you "know" deep down that this may have escaped your cousin's notice, call him, let him know what happened and let him explain.