Matchmaker Fears Consequences If Match Doesn't Catch Fire

DEAR ABBY: I am curious about your opinion on setting people up on dates. I am considering introducing one of my best friends, "Sierra," to my uncle "Wade." Do you think it's a good idea to set a friend up with a family member? I'm worried if it doesn't work out that my friendship with her won't be the same. Your advice is greatly appreciated. -- CUPID IN PEORIA

DEAR CUPID: I don't think there are any hard and fast rules about this. If you think Sierra and Wade have enough in common that they would enjoy meeting each other, go ahead and introduce them. If it works out -- fine. If it doesn't, it shouldn't have a negative impact on your relationship with her. Personal chemistry is hard to predict, and if they are both mature individuals, neither should blame you if there isn't a "spark" between them.

Recent on uexpress