Join the debate. Vote Now on the Dear Abby Poll of the week.

by Abigail Van Buren

Trusted Doctor May Be Starting Point For Finding A Marriage Counselor

DEAR ABBY: Can you tell me how to select a good marriage counselor? Asking a friend for a referral is not an option. -- DAN IN FLORIDA

DEAR DAN: If you have a physician you like and trust, you could ask that person for a referral. Or, if you prefer, contact licensed marriage counselors in your area. Then interview some of them to see which one you feel comfortable confiding in.

Read more in: Marriage & Divorce