The New Girl at School Isn't Shy Around Boys

DEAR ABBY: I'm a 17-year-old girl in high school. Recently, I became friends with a new girl at school. She's 15. She has a boyfriend at her old school, but she talks to guys at this school she thinks are cute. She told me some of them want to hook up with her and she seems happy about it. She even talked about going to a school dance with them.

I'm worried she might be cheating on her boyfriend, but I don't know what to do. I don't know him, so I don't think I can tell him what's happening. When she mentioned the guys at school and I asked her, "What about your boyfriend?" she just kinda changed the subject. -- TEEN IN PENNSYLVANIA

DEAR TEEN: High school romances aren't like marriages. While some of them may last forever, most don't. That's why I'm advising you to take a step back, stay out of this girl's love life, and stop worrying about her old boyfriend. If she really cared about his feelings, she wouldn't be flirting with the boys at school. In time, he will find someone else to ease his broken heart.

Read more in: Teens | Work & School | Friends & Neighbors