Lawyer's Wife Registers Complaint Against Secretary's Sexting

DEAR ABBY: My husband is a partner in a small law firm. One of the secretaries has gotten into the habit of texting him somewhat inappropriate pictures. One of them was of a "willy warmer" for a penis. I know she thinks it's funny and harmless, but it bothered me. I think it was unprofessional and went beyond the boundaries of an employee relationship. If I mention it to my husband, he will know I looked at his phone messages, and I don't want him to think I don't trust him. Am I making too much of this? -- THE MRS., SOMEWHERE IN THE USA

DEAR MRS.: I don't think so. I agree that what the secretary did was unprofessional and inappropriate. As an attorney, your husband already knows that kind of communication could leave the company vulnerable in the future. You wouldn't have felt the need to check his cellphone if your woman's intuition wasn't telling you that you needed to, so get to the bottom of it now, before it escalates.

Read more in: Work & School | Marriage & Divorce