Woman Fears She May Love Newfound Family Too Much

DEAR ABBY: I am a 30-year-old woman who has recently discovered my biological family. I have a wonderful half-brother and several other amazing people I can now call family.

The issue I'm struggling with is my profound attraction to my half-brother. I know it's morally wrong, and I may be confusing the newfound relationship with him. Your perspective would be very much appreciated. -- CONFLICTED IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

DEAR CONFLICTED: Physical attraction is a reflex -- and not something we can control. Our BEHAVIOR, on the other hand, is something we CAN control.

This is a case of wrong time, wrong place. If you had been a member of the royal family in Egypt 3,000 years ago, you could have married your half-brother and continued the dynasty. But this is 2009 and the USA, so you're just going to have to satisfy your physical attraction with someone less incestuous.