Wife Says Husband Is All Wet When It Comes to Apologies

DEAR ABBY: I'm a 28-year-old woman. In the past, many men have cheated on me. I have been dating a wonderful man for three years now. Things would be great if I didn't always worry about him possibly cheating, too. When I can't find him, I panic. I always think the worst, then I wind up confronting him and upsetting him.

I can't seem to get past the feeling that one day he will also be unfaithful. I wish I could trust him, but I'm afraid to be made a fool of again.

Is being with this man hopeless? -- ALWAYS SUSPICIOUS, JAMAICA, N.Y.

DEAR SUSPICIOUS: Your problem is less that you feel you can't trust your boyfriend than that you can't trust your own judgment. As the 49ers learned more than a century ago, you have to sift through a lot of gravel before you find a gold nugget, and it's the same with dating.

You appear to have finally picked a winner. Please give him the benefit of the doubt before your insecurities cause you to create a self-fulfilling prophecy.