DEAR ABBY: Not long ago you wrote a column that mentioned funny names that match people's occupations. I am submitting two more: Prior to our wedding, my husband and I had the state-required blood tests. They were administered by a Dr. Fix. (We later read that Dr. Fix was caught giving himself one, and was arrested on drug charges.) The minister who married us was aptly named Dr. Comfort. -- ANN B., ARCHER, FLA.

DEAR ANN: Thanks for a "Fixer"-upper of a letter. It arrived with a bushel of mail from other readers offering names that match occupations. Read on:

DEAR ABBY: One of my dearest friends is a professional landscaper of golf courses, highways and schools. His name? Ross Weed! -- BONNIE G. CHAPIN, S.C.

DEAR ABBY: My husband, last name Graves, is a funeral director. -- DIANNE G., RIPLEY, MISS.

DEAR ABBY: The first time I took my grandchildren to their doctor, their regular physician was on vacation. The doctor who was filling in for him was named Dr. Needle. I kid you not. -- THERESA S., SPARROW BUSH, N.Y.

DEAR ABBY: When I was in college, the disciplinary dean's name was Dick Justice. -- BRIAN S., NAPERVILLE, ILL.

DEAR ABBY: I have a couple of names that take the cake. I am a nurse in a large hospital in central Wisconsin. We had a plastic surgeon named Dr. Hacker, and if that wasn't enough, his resident was Dr. Wacker. Not surprisingly, their patients required a lot of reassurance. Wouldn't you? -- LORI FROM THE DAIRY STATE

DEAR ABBY: While I was serving at the Marine Corps Schools in Quantico, Va., my best friend took me with him when he had his vasectomy. His physician's name was Dr. D. Nutter. -- PAT M., DALLAS

DEAR ABBY: There is a dentist here in my city whose hygienist's last name is Toothacher. -- GLEN IN TEXAS

DEAR ABBY: In Portland, Ore., where I reside, there are three orthodontists: Dr. Payne, Dr. Fear and Dr. Rensch (pronounced "Wrench")! -- AMELIA S.

DEAR ABBY: I swear this is true: When I visited my first gynecologist when I was in college (the University of Massachusetts at Amherst), his name was Dr. Clapp. -- V. COOK, BLUE HILL, MAINE

DEAR ABBY: When I worked at a major hospital, from time to time I would see trauma victims with the attending doctor's name being "Dr. Kill." Initially I thought it was a hospital code for victims who might still be at risk. As it turned out, Dr. Kill is a practicing physician. -- SABRINA IN SAN DIEGO

DEAR ABBY: My greatest nightmare of a college textbook was for a class called "History and Systems of Psychology." It was better than a sleeping pill. It put students to sleep in 10 seconds flat. The author? Edwin G. Boring. -- KAY IN MILLFORD, DEL.

DEAR ABBY: My father, mother and sister all see the same psychiatrist, and have for more than 15 years. His name is Dr. Looney. Seriously. -- READER IN HUNTSVILLE, TEXAS

DEAR READER: I'd say Dr. Looney is running a family practice.

To order "How to Write Letters for All Occasions," send a business-sized, self-addressed envelope, plus check or money order for $6 (U.S. funds) to: Dear Abby -- Letter Booklet, P.O. Box 447, Mount Morris, IL 61054-0447. (Postage is included in the price.)