DEAR ABBY: Two years ago, you gave information on how to order "Please Call Police" banners for the car. I had previously ordered some, but somehow lost them. I would like to replace them and purchase some more for family members.

Following my husband's heart surgery, they came in handy. After he was discharged from the hospital, our car died on the way home. We displayed the bright banner in the back window, and the police arrived quickly and helped us to get home.

Would you please share that information again? I'm sure I'm not the only person needing a replacement. -- WILMA IN EAST TEXAS

DEAR WILMA: I'm pleased to do so. However, before I do, I'd like to share some comments from other readers about those banners:

"The banners are a great idea. I have had two hip replacements, but still drive. I was going to get an emergency phone for my car, but I have two hearing aids and the volume on the phone is not adequate for me, so I need your 'Please Call Police' banners." -- A.M. IN TAUNTON, MASS.

"'Please Call Police' banners -- what a brainstorm. I'm 86 years old, but still drive because our small town in Texas has no public transportation. (I call our town 'Sleepy Hollow.') What a godsend those banners are. Please send two of them." -- D.E.J. IN TEXAS

"My grandmother is 80 and drives more than 25,000 miles a year. I would feel more confident about her safety if she had the banners in her glove compartment. I'll put two of them in her Christmas stocking." -- BRIAN M., ORADELL, N.J.

Readers, these lifesaving banners can be ordered by writing to the Westside Center for Independent Living. It is a nonprofit organization that helps people with disabilities live more independent lives. You will receive one banner for a $5 contribution and another for each additional $4 contribution (plus $1 per order for postage and handling).

To order, send check or money order (U.S. funds only, please) to: WCIL Banners, P.O. Box 92501, Los Angeles, CA 90009. Allow four to eight weeks for delivery. For more information, visit the WCIL Web site at www.wcil.org.

Your orders not only provide a safety measure for you and those you love, but they also assist WCIL in providing much-needed services for individuals with disabilities.

DEAR ABBY: I am a 28-year-old housewife and mother of three, ages 2, 3 and 8. I recently returned to night school to get my teaching degree.

My husband is frustrated and upset because he says everything is falling on him. After working eight hours a day, he resents having to feed, bathe and baby-sit the kids for six hours every night while I am in school.

He supports my decision, but constantly pulls little guilt trips on me. What should I do? -- BETTERING MYSELF

DEAR BETTERING MYSELF: You and your husband are both carrying a heavy load right now. Arrange for child care at least one night a week so your husband will feel less trapped. Also schedule much-needed "date nights" so the two of you can talk (uninterrupted) and catch up with each other's busy lives. You won't be a student forever -- and once you have your teaching certificate, you'll both be glad you did it.