Outdated Mailing Lists Add Insult to Injury of Son's Loss

DEAR ABBY: What's the deal with women today? Why are we so neurotic and insecure when it comes to men?

I am a woman who happens to have many male friends. When one of them gets a girlfriend, she will watch me like a hawk and become angry if I say or do the "wrong" thing around him.

When one of my female friends gets a boyfriend, she'll drop "subtle" hints to me to stay away from her man and focus on my own relationships.

Abby, I am in no way a slut or a man-stealer, nor do I act, dress or give the impression that I am. None of the men I know perceives me this way, either. So I return to my original question: What's the deal with women today? -- STAMP OUT PARANOIA, PALMDALE, CALIF.

DEAR STAMP OUT: Jealousy and insecurity are one-size-fits-all clothes -- and they are worn by both men and women. They are flattering on neither, but they've been around since we were cave dwellers. And I agree, their place is on the rag pile.