Dear Eugenia by Eugenia Last

Dear Eugenia For August 11, 2019

Dear Eugenia: I am a very confused Taurus born on May 14, 1965, at 12:13 a.m., and I'm in need of some direction. I met a Sag (born Dec. 20, 1973) a couple years ago, and we have formed a strong friendship. There have been times we both feel there could be more to this bond than just friendship, but we don't know if it's best to keep it on the friendship level or to try our luck and see if there is a chance that there could be more than just friendship. We both could use some guidance, as we don't want to take a risk if there is a chance we'd ruin our friendship. Your input would be appreciated in this matter. -- Confused Taurus

Dear CONFUSED TAURUS: Rule of thumb: Don't try to fix what isn't broken. In other words, given the way your natal charts hook up, I think it's best to keep things just the way they are.

You are both free-spirited when it comes to commitment, and my fear after checking your comparison is that it may ruin things for you. Emotional deception is clearly in play, and should you commit to one another, you may feel trapped. Maybe not at the same time, but both will experience such feelings moving forward. Right now, you have the best of both worlds, and if you can maintain honesty and integrity along with mutual love for one another, what more could you want?

Dear Eugenia: I have been married for more than 10 years to a guy born Nov. 11, 1980, at 7:21 p.m. We dated for eight years before marriage. We even survived two years of a long-distance relationship within those 8 years. But since marrying him, I have only faced problems because of how he and his family treat me. He is not a very responsible person, and he takes things too casually. He took our marriage casually and did not understand or fulfill responsibilities that come with marriage.

I've been poorly treated by his family since the beginning. There was mental cruelty by his mother -- putting pressure on me to quit my career to join their family business -- and my husband was inconsiderate when I was diagnosed with a medical condition, which has been physically painful as well as emotionally agonizing, and I still suffer from it.

He never stood up for me until it was apparent and extremely stressful, which coincided with a period when I fell ill. Then he decided that creating distance from his family would be useful and chose to not just move out from his family home, but from the country we lived in as well. He now manages a small company acquired through his parents' business. However, this did not solve our problems.

I broke my ties with his family, but I still work in the business.

I feel extreme anger toward him, and we fight continuously, and our relationship has turned toxic. Though he says he loves me and he is often caring, I find him insensitive, arrogant and selfish.

I feel our relationship will never work. I feel stuck in a lousy marriage and think I should leave. What should I do? I believe in astrology and would like your input. I was born on March 1, 1983, at 10:30 a.m. -- Distraught Pisces

Dear DISTRAUGHT PISCES: Your astrological comparison reveals emotional deception and disillusionment as well as sorrow and a lack of wanting the same things out of life. You are actually stronger than you think and certainly stronger and more ambitious than your husband.

What drew you to this man was physical chemistry, and what put a wedge between you was his lack of standing up for you. Marriage takes work, but once you reach a point of no return, it's difficult to reverse the way you feel. Had your husband stood behind you and intervened when his family was cruel, your marriage would have had a much better chance.

Your cultural background can pose problems for you, whether you stay or you decide to leave. First, remove yourself from the family business. Once you have established yourself in a career separate from your husband, it will help you make the best decision for you. Should you need to pick up additional skills or qualifications to resume your original career in your new country, do so now. You have until the end of next year to get your documents, such as education degrees and paperwork, in order should you decide to return to your native land.

Dear Eugenia: Why do you give Virgos so many 3-star days? How generic are these star ratings? I don't understand. -- Virgo

Dear VIRGO: The stars are based on moon cycles. It takes approximately two-and-a-half days for the Moon to pass through each constellation. The constellation or sign involved determines how many stars you will receive. When the moon is conjunct, or opposite your sign, you are given 3 stars. When the moon is square your sign, it's a 2-star day. When sextile to your sun sign, it's a 4-star day. When trine to your moon sign, it's a 5-star day.

FYI -- a conjunction = 0 degrees angle; sextile = 60 degrees angle; square = 90 degrees angle; trine = 120 degrees angle; opposition = 180 degrees angle.

Astrology is a mathematical science and interpretive art.

All signs experience more 3-star days throughout the month. Daily sun sign columns only scratch the surface regarding what's happening in a person's life. Understanding that every natal chart is influenced by all twelve signs and knowing how and where to apply each caption written for every sign to your personal life is possible. I offer this feature at www.eugenialast.com. It's called "daily timing," and it will break down your natal chart and help you get 12 times the benefit out of a daily horoscope column.

(To submit astrological questions to the "Dear Eugenia" column, visit Eugenialast.com, or join Eugenia on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.)

(EDITORS: For editorial questions, please contact Hollie Westring at hwestring@amuniversal.com.)