Dear Eugenia by Eugenia Last

Dear Eugenia For July 07, 2019

Dear Eugenia: I'm genuinely beginning to wonder if something is wrong with me! I consider myself to be a charming and friendly person, but I can't seem to find friends.

Trying to find love is even harder! It's to the point where I keep going back to the man I've been in and out of a relationship with for the last 20 years, knowing it's not good for me. I simply don't want to be alone. I don't know what to do at this point since I'm not one to hang out alone in bars or clubs. I've tried online dating, but because of my preference, whoever I meet is always so far away. I was born on Sept. 27, 1969, at 12:18 a.m. -- Lonely Libra

Dear LONELY LIBRA: Your chart doesn't indicate that you have a bad vibe, but it does denote you do have a certain standard that you live by, and that can narrow your chance to find true love.

What is apparent is that the past couple of years, you have been feeling more like settling down. That feeling will continue for at least the next 18 months. On a positive note, beginning in late August, you will start a high cycle concerning meeting potential partners. However, that means you will have to make an effort.

You should be considering your preference when it comes to a partner, and research to see if there is an online dating service that is geared toward what you are looking for. Distance may be a problem, but someone you meet may entice you to make a move or be willing to do so.

Traveling, attending conferences, trade shows or signing up for a course or something physical you enjoy can also lead to a special connection.

You are overdue for a change. Personal growth, a change of scenery or picking up a new hobby should all be considered.

Dear Eugenia: I am a regular on your website, and it is beneficial. I cannot thank you enough.

I moved to a different country as an international student in August 2016. Nobody in my family forced me; it was my decision. But now it's been three years here, and I am on a work permit, and I might even get residency if I work hard enough. But now I have started to miss my home and family and wonder whether to stay or go. If I stay here, I can potentially make a lot of money, and if I move back, I won't have the same opportunities to be successful. My heart tells me to move back after my work permit expires in 2021. Since I have come here, my life has become dull; it's only been work and sleep. Although this is a beautiful country, I get so lonely.

Also, this year in January, I traveled back home for my cousin's wedding, which meant I had to leave my job. When I returned, I couldn't find a job for three months. I finally found one, but I'm not getting many hours, and the pay is low, and my savings are literally zero. Should I decide to move back home, I will have to make a lot of money between now and 2021 if I'm going to be able to do so. Nothing is going to plan, and I don't know what to do. I was born on Oct. 18, 1998, at 11:50 p.m. -- Feeling Lost

Dear FEELING LOST: Regarding your work-related problem, someone you have met or collaborated with through work or school is likely to give you a lead on a position that will help your financial situation. This will come into play December to April. It will be a position that can bring you in contact with people who can become more than just peers -- in other words, friendships, relationships or partnerships.

You will be uncertain about moving home until the spring of next year. After that, you will have greater clarity regarding where you are living and how best to move forward. Consider what qualifications you can gain while still living in your current location to be prosperous should you return to your native homeland. It's the experience and the education you gather that will determine how successful you will become, no matter where you decide to reside.

Sometimes you are your own worst enemy, refusing to see the possibilities and withdrawing from doing the things you need to do socially that will help you network your way into the opportunities you desire.

Dear Eugenia: I've been divorced more than 20 years and have not had a lasting relationship since. I'm almost 70 now, and I feel like I never will. My children have their own lives, and most of my close friends have passed on. Is it too late for me to experience love? I have a Pisces male friend, but I'm not sure about him. His birthdate is March 18, 1950, and mine is Aug. 22, 1949, at 12:22 a.m. -- Virgo

Dear VIRGO: Your Pisces friend is a candidate for love according to your astrological comparison. However, before you make a decision, you should consider why you haven't turned this friendship into something more already. If you aren't feeling the connection or you think this relationship lacks opportunity or the potential to give you what you want or need out of a relationship at this stage of your life, you may want to hold out for a little longer.

Beginning next spring, you will see your life and what you want differently. You will gain stability, confidence and should have a chance. Make a choice to socialize, travel and participate more in life and love. This will continue throughout 2020 and 2021.

(To submit astrological questions to the "Dear Eugenia" column, visit Eugenialast.com, or join Eugenia on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.)

(EDITORS: For editorial questions, please contact Hollie Westring at hwestring@amuniversal.com.)