Dear Eugenia For July 14, 2019

Dear Eugenia: I thought I met my soul mate eight years ago, but after all this time, his family and friends believe I am a horrible person. It is weighing me down because he believes them, not me. Sometimes I feel he saw the light in me and the amazing things I could do to help others, including myself.

Now two individuals on drugs using him for a home and food among other things have planted everything he believes.

Apparently, someone has enforced some bad magic on me. This is why I no longer shine bright with love. Instead, I'm negative with despair and face difficult obstacles.

In order to have protection, there are psychics trying to make me pay a large sum of money and threatening me if I don't. However, no one has been as accurate as you are.

My significant other was born Jan. 8, 1973, at 3:08 a.m., and I was born Aug. 27, 1979, at 10:12 a.m. I am dealing with a brain tumor and sometimes it also affects my ability to reason. -- Virgo in Distress

Dear VIRGO IN DISTRESS: First, let me clarify that I am not a psychic. I am an astrologer, which is quite different. Let me also ensure you that you don't need to pay anyone to tell you that you are cursed and only they can remove the curse. It's your belief that you are cursed in the first place that surrounds you with bad energy.

Your chart shows no reference to such shenanigans either. However, what it does indicate is that for many years you have attracted people who are not the best for you. This is due to a slow-moving planet (Neptune) that represents creativity and the like but also deception, disillusionment, stimulants or those who tend to be addictive.

In your case, this transit has been hitting your natal chart in a negative way for a number of years, and it will continue to do so until the spring of next year. On a positive note, it will be favorably positioned to another area of your chart that deals with how you earn your living, educational pursuits and taking better care of your prospects.

The comparison with your Capricorn man denotes sorrow, deception and abusive tendencies. He is emotionally manipulative and is probably not the best person for you. Although I see the physical attraction, I do not believe as a couple that you are right for one another.

Dear Eugenia: I'm wondering if my relationship will last. We've been together for almost four years, and we have had our share of drama. I am a Pisces born on Feb. 20, 1971, at 6:40 a.m., and a sensitive one at that. My partner is a Libra born on Oct. 06, 1961, and he often speaks without thinking. I'm hoping the bad times are behind us. Do we have a future to look forward to? -- Dazed and Confused

Dear DAZED AND CONFUSED: Relationships take work. If only one of you is doing your part, eventually it will fizzle out. Your comparison is adequate, no major red flags, but there is emotional deception, and that indicates one or both of you are not being honest about the way you feel.

Without open communication, you will continue to face the drama and continuous ups and downs that this relationship has offered thus far, barring about the first nine months when you were both on your best behavior.

With transiting Saturn touching your natal Venus, it is causing you to question and reevaluate your relationship as well as compare it to past relationships and the relationships of others.

Without his time of birth, I cannot be sure where his ongoing uncertainty comes across in his personality, but if it happens to be in an area that deals with relationships, this could be a trigger that sets off the drama that reverberates back and forth.

Dear Eugenia: I am in my late forties. I'm single and lead a boring life. Do you see any positive changes coming soon? My work schedule gives me no time for socializing, so I have very few friends. Also, my type of work and the people I work with are not the best. Do you see any improvement in the area of love or work? I was born on Feb. 22, 1971, at 6 p.m. -- Mermaid

Dear MERMAID: With transiting Saturn sitting in an area of your chart that deals with socializing, it can certainly limit your chance to advance in the romance department and at the same time make you desire a chance to find true love and companionship. Next year you will be in a better position to meet people. That doesn't necessarily mean you will have more time to socialize, but it can lead you to reputable online dating sites where you can meet someone who has as little time as you do to get out and play.

Your job does limit you in some ways, and the people may not be the best or most stimulating in your mind, but it has been a good career. The problem stems from the same Saturn transit causing these feelings of despair. However, when the year comes to an end, things will begin to change, and throughout 2020 and 2021, there will be better professional options.

(To submit astrological questions to the "Dear Eugenia" column, visit Eugenialast.com, or join Eugenia on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.)

(EDITORS: For editorial questions, please contact Hollie Westring at hwestring@amuniversal.com.)

More like Dear Eugenia