Dear Eugenia For December 02, 2018

Dear Eugenia: I was born in North America, and that's where my children reside. Several years after the end of my first marriage, I met my current husband, an Englishman, and went to live with him in the United Kingdom. We married in July 2012, and I now live in the United Kingdom. It has been a difficult marriage, but I have stayed and have tried to be the wife my husband expects me to be. He is generous to a fault but is not communicative and has bouts of depression.

I am homesick for my children and miss the woman I was before marrying my husband. He needs to have me by his side all day every day, and I am a much more independent person. I find living where we are stifling and lacking in a sense of community. My husband has no friends and relies on me to provide stimulation. 

I would like to live near my children and be able to be part of their lives. I also miss community life. I care deeply for my husband and don't want to hurt him. His first wife died of cancer, and I do not want to add more pain to his life, but at the same time, I feel I am losing myself.

We agreed I would go to see my children twice a year, and he keeps that agreement, albeit with lots of sighs and moans and the need to Skype twice a day. His neediness is becoming too much, but I don't know how to handle it. I am not financially well off but feel that a huge weight would be lifted from my shoulders if I were living apart from him. 

Without communication I do not see improvement in my situation, and the pull to return to my homeland is very strong. I am at a crossroads and am not sure which way to turn. My husband was born on Aug. 23, 1943, and I was born Jan. 20, 1944, at 4:45 a.m. -- Stifled Capricorn

Dear STIFLED CAPRICORN: Your relationship with your husband has some good and some bad astrological components. There is a manipulative side to your partner that comes across as needy when really, he is quite capable but doesn't try. His communication skills are geared to suit his needs, not the needs of others. This doesn't make him a bad person. After all, he does make up for it with his generosity. However, over time that is no longer enough for you.

Your chart indicates you will be doing more negotiating for greater freedom as well as travel this year. It will be up to you to voice your opinions, desires and plans for the future. My suggestion is you begin this immediately and you set a plan in motion that will entail a permanent residence for you near your children that you can spend at least equal time with them as you do with him with the other option being "adios, amigo." Follow your heart.

Dear Eugenia: I am a fan of your horoscopes. I read them daily. They are so accurate.

I am in a state of turmoil and am recovering from a trauma. I moved to a new apartment when I was heavily pregnant. A nightmare ensued from my upstairs neighbor. First, it was noise interference coming from his son's music. Now the dad himself is unstable. I asked him a few times to turn the music down, which he did, but he didn't think it was that loud.

I reported the incidents to my landlord, who wrote him a letter. The neighbor then became volatile, unstable and unpredictable. He was inconsiderate, as I had just given birth not four weeks earlier. I delivered via emergency C-section, so it was a tough time for me.

There were two weeks of nonstop hammering, pounding and banging on his floor (my ceiling), sometimes 12-14 hours days. I am left in dread and fear and anxiety. It's been four months since it happened. He has "kicked off" since. I have reported it all. I'm in communications with my local law enforcement.

Please, can you shed some light? Will this be over soon? Will the neighbor erupt again? I was born June 5, 1984, at 9:30 a.m. -- Gemini

DEAR GEMINI: With only your birth data available, I can tell you your chart indicates a move that should be satisfactory as well as less uncertainty moving forward. It also suggests a change in your current romantic status that looks promising.

The uncertainty that has prevailed this past year no doubt left you frazzled, leaving you emotionally tormented due to a situation that was beyond your control. It is, however, your turn to step up and to make things happen. Stay on top of the situation by pressing your law enforcement for the assistance you need.

When it comes to motherhood, greater opportunities to enjoy your baby appear to be heading your way, along with larger quarters and more positive people in your life. Expansion and better days ahead can be expected.

Dear Eugenia: I was born on Jan. 12, 1961, at 6 p.m. Ever since my ex-husband committed suicide, I have had nothing but financial trouble and people slandering my daughter and myself. Her birthday is Feb. 2, 1997, at 1:03 a.m. I would appreciate your help very much. -- Sad and Struggling

Dear SAD AND STRUGGLING: Change begins within. Your chart indicates you don't always make the best choices, and this has landed you where you are right now. However, that doesn't mean you cannot turn things around. You have what I refer to as a spoon-fed chart. Often, I see this setup in people who end up having difficulty dealing with or handling adversity.

What you should be doing right now is picking up some new skills, and don't say you are too old. You should be considering getting your real estate license or working in social services with children or animals in some capacity. This is something you should have started earlier this year, but you still have time if you act fast. Don't let life beat you down, rise up and make things happen.

Regarding your daughter, she was blessed with a pretty good chart as well and should be looking for new ways to bring in more cash as we head into next year. Regarding higher education, she will be in a high cycle until the fall of next year. Whether she signs up for an apprenticeship or any other form of learning, it will help raise her earning potential.

I know this sounds harsh, but it's what's required to turn things around, and I know you can do it.

(To submit astrological questions to the "Dear Eugenia" column, visit Eugenialast.com, or join Eugenia on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.)

(EDITORS: For editorial questions, please contact Hollie Westring at hwestring@amuniversal.com.)

More like Dear Eugenia