Ask Someone Else's Mom by Susan Writer

SIL Doesn't Always Wear Wedding Band

DEAR SOMEONE ELSE’S MOM: I can’t help noticing that my son-in-law doesn’t always wear his wedding band. My daughter even got him a couple of those rubber ones for him to wear at work (he’s a county building inspector), but when he comes to dinner right from work, or to church on Sundays, I don’t see him wearing any ring at all.

Do you agree with my husband that I should just let it be? I’ve never yet stuck my nose in our daughter and son-in-law’s business. --- WHERE’S THE RING?

DEAR WHERE’S THE RING?: Unless you have concerns for your daughter’s welfare, it’s most likely best to maintain your no interference policy. I can think of a number of perfectly innocent reasons your son-in-law doesn’t wear his ring, and if it isn’t an issue for his wife, it shouldn’t be one for you.

Need advice? Please send your questions to Someone Else’s Mom at AskSomeoneElsesMom@gmail.com.