Ask Someone Else's Mom by Susan Writer

LW Doesn't Trust New Brother-in-Law

DEAR SOMEONE ELSE’S MOM: My baby sister just married a guy who has been married twice before. Not only is he 15 years older than her, but you’ve got to worry about a guy in his mid-thirties who’s on his third at-bat.

I wasn’t around while they were dating, but is it too late to warn my sister that this guy stands a good chance of breaking her heart? --- WORRIED BIG BROTHER

DEAR WORRIED BIG BROTHER: As much as you may disapprove, your sister has made her choice. Try taking an optimistic view of the situation. Your new brother-in-law may have been unlucky in love, until he met your sister.

However, don’t totally ignore your gut. Keep a close watch, and if you begin seeing signs of trouble, be ready to be there for her if things do go south.

Need advice? Please send your questions to Someone Else’s Mom at AskSomeoneElsesMom@gmail.com.