Ask Someone Else's Mom

Husband Feeling Left Out of the Loop

DEAR SOMEONE ELSE’S MOM: I have always been happy my wife and my mother get along really well. Lately, though, I have been feeling left out when I am around them. They seem to have all these conversations I have no idea about, and my mom seems to know more about what goes on in our house than I do.

Is this kind of thing normal for a daughter-in-law and mother-in-law to be so close? --- FEELING LEFT OUT

DEAR FEELING LEFT OUT: It may not be the rule, but it’s certainly common enough, and decidely preferable to the unfortunate alternative of the two women in your life not getting along at all.

In your case, since it’s bothering you, it’s worth mentioning to the ladies that you’re feeling excluded. It’s possible they have no idea that their closeness is affecting you adversely.

Need advice? Please send your questions to Someone Else’s Mom at AskSomeoneelsesMom@gmail.com.

More like Ask Someone Else's Mom