Ask Someone Else's Mom by Susan Writer

It's Dentist's Fiancée's Turn to Pull Teeth

DEAR SOMEONE ELSE’S MOM: I am engaged to a really good guy who happens to be a dentist. What is a little funny and a lot frustrating is that when something is bothering him, I am the one who has to pull teeth to get anything out of him.

My mom says my dad is always the same way. Why is it so hard for guys to just come out with it? --- TEETH PULLING FIANCÉE

DEAR TEETH-PULLING: I’d like to say it gets easier, but that might be a lie.

Your complaint probably dates back to Adam and Eve, and has been voiced by most of the women I know at one time or another. Whether it’s genetics, training, or a little bit of both, it’s the way many men are. In time you may learn ways to break down the resistance, but being patient and mildly persistent will let him know you’re ready to listen when he’s ready to talk.

Need advice? Please send your questions to Someone Else’s Mom at AskSomeoneElsesMom@gmail.com.