Ask Someone Else's Mom

The Question of Kids

DEAR SOMEONE ELSE’S MOM: I am in love with a guy who checks off every item but one on my perfect man wish list. He’s told me he does not want children, and I absolutely do. I don’t know what to do. I waited a long time for a guy like this, but I also always said that no kids is a deal-breaker. Should I breakup with him or see what happens? --- WANT TO BE A MOM

DEAR WANT TO BE A MOM: The kids or no kids question is not a small one for most couples. If you and your boyfriend’s opposing stances on having kids is non-negotiable, then if you stay together, one of you will not have the life you envisioned for yourself. And, neither of you should count on the other coming around to their way of thinking.

As perfect as the guy may seem, you need to consider if being with him is more important to you than having the family you’ve long dreamed of and let that consideration answer your own question.

Need advice? Please send your questions to Someone Else’s Mom at AskSomeoneElsesMom@gmail.com.

More like Ask Someone Else's Mom