The Soaps: Tune In Tomorrow

Hunks Depart 'B&B'

The Bold and the Beautiful” is losing two hunky actors this week, with the exit of Rome Flynn (Zende Forrester) on Sept. 11 and Pierson Fode (Thomas Forrester) on Sept. 14.

Flynn, who joined “B&B” in 2015, chose to leave the show, and took to social media to let fans know about his decision: “First I want to thank ('B&B' executive producer) Brad Bell for taking a chance on this ambitious young kid and giving me more responsibility than I knew I could take on. I want to thank all of the 'B&B' fans across the world for embracing me as your Zende Forrester. It has been one of the most fulfilling experiences of my life to share a piece of myself every day with you. I worked hard to make sure I never cheated you on work ethic or integrity of this character. Such a profound responsibility to be one of the few African-Americans on daytime television, one I took seriously in making sure I made you feel like you knew me. My job is to imitate life in its honest and truest form. I hope I’ve done you justice.” Flynn added: “This is not goodbye, but I’ll see you soon!” Flynn also stated that he has joined the cast of Tyler Perry’s OWN series “The Haves and Have Nots.” Flynn will debut on that show next year.

The second surprise exit from “The Bold and the Beautiful,” that of Pierson Fode, was also at the actor's choice, as he intends to pursue other career opportunities. Viewers of the show already know that “Thomas” ended his romance with Sally (Courtney Hope) and returned to New York for good to be with Caroline and their son, Douglas. Fode also joined “B&B” in 2015.

Meanwhile, Katherine Kelly Lang (Brooke, “The Bold and the Beautiful”) recently competed in the Women’s Race of the 2017 Ironman 70.3 Official World Championship on Sept. 9 in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Lang has competed in this event for several years. No word yet on how she did.

SHORT TAKES:

Fans of “General Hospital” who have been anxiously awaiting the return of Steve Burton can relax now that the show released a picture on Sept. 8 announcing that Burton would begin airing Sept. 19. Frank Valentini, the show’s executive producer, said Burton’s return (still no word on whether he will be playing Jason or a completely new character) would have an impact on the show’s canvas “for probably about nine months.”

Drew Cheetwood, who joined the regular “General Hospital” cast in 2006 as Milo Giambetti, one of Sonny’s (Maurice Benard) bodyguards, is back this week on a recurring basis. There was no word on how long Cheetwood will be around. Cheetwood left “GH” in 2016, when he and his wife, Jenna, moved to Michigan.

Also returning for another stint on “General Hospital” is Bradford Anderson, when Damian Spinelli, A.K.A. the Jackal, returns to Port Charles to be there for Jason (Billy Miller).

Longtime "Young and the Restless" fans were surprised to see the return of Tamara Clatterbuck in her former role of Alice Johnson, who suddenly appeared at The Underground in Genoa City on Aug. 29. Even Sharon Case (Sharon) and Joshua Morrow (Nick) were unaware of Clatterbuck’s return until they began taping scenes. Sharon and Nick first crossed paths with Alice back in 1998, when Alice gave them her daughter, Cassie. This time around, Alice heads up a prostitution ring.

581-7500

More like The Soaps: Tune In Tomorrow