The Soaps: Tune In Tomorrow

As one of daytime’s most ageless stars, Tracey Bregman (Lauren, “The Young and the Restless”) attributes it all to a healthy lifestyle and diet.

“You have to remember, I’m a gluten-free vegan-ish foodie,” says Bregman. “The ‘ish’ is because I’ll eat eggs from backyard chickens. I would say that that has a lot to do with (her youthfulness).

“I also exercise, in some way, every single day,” she continues. “And I horseback-ride four days a week. Yes, it’s exercise, but for me it’s more of a connection with my animal, and being on my horse is my Zen place. It’s the same with hiking. There’s something very spiritual about being up in the ... mountains. I also do palates and yoga. I do yoga with my son, Landon.”

The latter came about when Bregman decided to return to yoga after a long absence.

“I used to take yoga years ago, but blew out both of my elbows,” explains Bregman. “So I did not do it for about 10 years. Then, I just felt that I wasn’t stretching enough, especially after I went riding. I thought, 'Let me try it again.' I like a very specific yoga, which is Flow, and I like it to really good music. There’s one guy in west L.A. and one in Malibu who teach it. I asked Landon to try my class. I thought he’d really like it, because of the music (played during class). Now he even goes without me. It’s fantastic.”

SHORT TAKES:

Fans of “Days of Our Lives” and the show's DOOLMojis will be excited to see that there are new emojis in the second version of the app, including new characters such as Abe (James Reynolds), Claire (Olivia Keegan), Lucas (Bryan Dattilo) Lani (Sal Stowers), Eve (Kassie DePaiva), Eli (Lamon Archey), Gabi (Camila Banus), Eric (Greg Vaughan) and more. The DOOLMoji is available for iPhone and Android devices in the App Store and Google Play Store for 99 cents. You can check out the website at DOOLMoji.com.

Congratulations to a very excited John Stamos (ex-Blackie Parrish, “General Hospital”; Jesse, “Full House”), who recently announced that he and his fiancee, Caitlin McHugh, whom he proposed to at Disneyland in October, are expecting. No date for the baby’s arrival was available at this time.

Matthew Ashford made another return as Jack Deveraux’s ghost (the character died when he was trapped in a falling elevator in 2012) in scenes with Casey Moss, who plays Jack’s son J.J., which began airing Dec. 20. The storyline delves into the real-life crisis of suicide, especially among young people. On “Days,” J.J. has been suffering from depression and guilt over the fact that, in his capacity as a police officer, he shot Abe’s son Theo as he was breaking into a warehouse in the night. “Days” has taken the subject of suicide very seriously, and hopefully J.J.’s story will be of help to people who need it.

Jaime Lyn Bauer, who was last seen as Laura Horton in 2016, let “Days” fans know that she has already taped one episode and will be returning to the show next year. No airdate was available yet, but Bauer promised to let her fans know as soon as he does.

“The Bold and the Beautiful” reunited the Logan sisters for the Christmas holidays by bringing back Jennifer Gareis, who plays Donna Logan, for family scenes with Heather Tom (Katie) and Katherine Kelly Lang (Brooke).

581-7500

More like The Soaps: Tune In Tomorrow