The Soaps: Tune In Tomorrow

'Y&R' a Family Affair for Williams

No one was happier than Redaric Williams' immediate family when he landed the role of Tyler on "The Young and the Restless."

"They've been watching it for years," Williams says.

"My mother is a fan. My sister is a fan, too. So they're thrilled that I'm on the show."

And their day-in-and-day-out viewing prepped Williams for life in Genoa City.

"I was never an avid watcher, but I was familiar with the show," he says, noting that he really didn't feel like a stranger during his first day on the set. "Being there and seeing everybody ... It was all familiar faces that I've seen for years."

One of those faces quickly took him under his wing.

"Kristoff St. John (Neil) showed me the ropes," says Williams, noting that while he had acted before, daytime was a major undertaking. "Doing something of this scale ... it's huge. Kristoff definitely helped, just walking me through it all. He gave me advice and things like that."

SHORT TAKES:

There has been a casting change in the role of Sharon and Nick's (Sharon Case and Joshua Morrow) young daughter, Faith Newman, on "The Young and the Restless." Faith is now played by McKenna Grace, who took over after Alyvia Alyn Lind left to take a film role.

On July 30, watch for the return of Michael Graziadei as Daniel Romalotti.

The following cast members from "The Young and the Restless" will be doing live tweets on Twitter at 12:30 p.m. EDT, on the following days: July 17, Eric Braeden (follow @EBraeden); July 18, Melissa Ordway and Ignacio Serrichio (follow @Melissaordway and @Nachoserricchio); July 23, Christel Khalil and Daniel Goddard (follow @ChristelAdnana and @DanielGoddard).

Robin Mattson is back as Heather Webber on "General Hospital" and her return will expose secrets about the paternity of two residents of Port Charles. Also, Denise Alexander returns to "General Hospital" on July 18 in her former role of Lesley Webber, who will be helping her daughter Laura (Genie Francis) find out what is going on with Luke (Anthony Geary).

Lisa LoCicero recently let fans know that she has signed a new contract with "GH," which means that Olivia Falconeri and her cousin Connie (Kelly Sullivan) will continue to be at odds over their shared romantic feelings for Sonny (Maurice Benard).

We don't have an exact airdate, but we do know that Jon Lindstrom will be bringing his character Kevin Collins back to "GH" for a short-term run.

More like The Soaps: Tune In Tomorrow