The Soaps: Tune In Tomorrow

'DOOL': Davidson Has Connections

When Eileen Davidson (Kristen) returned to "Days of our Lives," she knew a slew of people involved. After all, she'd already worked with Deidre Hall (Marlena), Drake Hogestyn (John), Melissa Reeves (Jennifer) and a few others during her first stint on the show, in the 1990s. But, as it turned out, she also had a connection to a newer "Days" star: actor Chandler Massey, who plays Will.

"Chandler, interestingly enough, is actually a very good friend of my in-laws," notes Davidson, referring to her husband Vincent's parents, Patricia and Dick Van Patten. "Chandler lives in my father-in-law's apartment building. So I see him a lot at family gatherings. I've been seeing Chandler for years. When I came back on 'Days,' I was like, 'Oh! You're on the same show.'"

Despite their many respective years in the daytime biz, one actress whom Davidson didn't know was Judi Evans (Adrienne).

"Interestingly enough, we had never met before," says Davidson. "When I first saw her, I ran over and told her that I thought she was a tremendous actress."

Then, in an ironic twist of fate, Evans turned up at Davidson's house a week later.

"It was the weirdest thing," says Davidson. "I'm doing a play, and we were having a reading of it, but I didn't know what people were cast for it. Then, Judi walked into my house. I was like, 'This is weird, after all these years of not meeting each other.'"

SHORT TAKES:

In line with other returnees to "Days of our Lives," we can now include Nadia Bjorlin on that list. The actress began playing the role of Chloe in 1999, and was written off the show in 2011, during a time when several other cast members were also axed. Chloe shows up on Daniel's doorstep on Jan. 4. There was no word on Chloe's storyline this time around, but it will no doubt include her son, Parker, whom Daniel once believed was his. When Chloe left Salem she had been working as a lady of the night to make ends meet.

Another daytime returnee is soap veteran Mark Pinter, who will be playing the newly created role of Rep. Marcus Wheeler on "The Young and the Restless." Pinter's first airdate is slated for Jan. 10. Marcus is described as a politician who will be involved with several citizens of Genoa City. Word has it the role is short-term, but oftentimes that changes if the actor clicks with the audience. And Pinter has certainly made an impression on such shows as "As the World Turns" (Brian McColl), "All My Children" (Roger Smythe), "Another World" (Grant Harrison), "General Hospital" (Agent Thomas Rayner), "Guiding Light" (Mark Evans) and "Love of Life" (Tom Crawford).

Returning to "The Bold and the Beautiful" are Joanna Johnson and Crystal Chappell in their former roles as Karen Spencer and Danielle, respectively. The duo will be involved in a storyline with Karen's daughter, Caroline (Linsey Godfrey,) and will first appear on Jan. 4.

Also returning to "B&B" for short stints are: Winsor Harmon (Thorne Forrester) Jan. 14/15; Andrew Collins as Jarrett (Jan. 18) and Danielle Mathers as Danica (Jan. 18).

More like The Soaps: Tune In Tomorrow