Miss Manners

Cookie Hog Robs Bank Lobby

DEAR MISS MANNERS: My husband and I seem to be at odds regarding the cookies our bank offers to patrons in the lobby.

I say that the cookies are to be enjoyed by patrons while they are there, and I object to my husband’s practice of coming home with four to six each time he visits the bank. When he arrives home, he places them in a plastic baggie and puts them in the freezer to eat throughout the week until the next time he goes to the bank.

GENTLE READER: Cookie plates are meant to be shared, which means that a one-per-customer rule should be observed, even if not posted.

Perhaps your bank feels differently, although as a rule, Miss Manners has observed that banks frown on customers who fill their pockets with whatever happens to be lying around just because it is not currently under lock and key.

Recent on uexpress