Dear Eugenia For December 31, 2017

DEAR Eugenia: My husband (born on Feb. 11, 1964) and I (born on March 2, 1965, at 8:30 a.m.) have experienced a few relationship bumps in the road this year. Coupled with caregiving and the loss of my in-laws in the past few years, and my husband's recurring health issues, we've navigated tough times. Can we finally breathe a sigh of relief and actually enjoy life?

We have a son (born on Dec. 15, 1991, at 2:02 a.m.). I find myself expending a LOT of energy keeping the peace between my husband and son. They seem to butt heads more often than not, and I find myself wondering if they will ever learn to agree to disagree. Is there any hope?

This past year has been difficult in many respects, and I've been feeling the effects of this discord emotionally and physically. Is this a trend that you see continuing, or can you give me hope that things will get better soon? Are there any aspects that point to health issues or concerns I should be aware of? I'm doing my best to stay positive, just need a ray of hope that the hypochondria are all in my head and the future is brighter. -- Pisces

Dear Pisces: Your husband and son actually have a good astrological comparison, and although they may not agree on much, that is more gender- and generation-related. Sit them down and tell them they are making you feel ill and to take their bickering elsewhere.

You are a hypochondriac; that is part of your astrological makeup. But you have also been through a couple of very debilitating years, so it's important to rejuvenate. The next couple of years do appear to be better for you. Where health is concerned you are not easy to diagnose, but that doesn't mean you should assume you are ill.

I believe what you and your husband need is some time alone. A vacation would do you both a lot of good, followed by a hobby that you can enjoy as a couple.

If your son is still living under your roof, tell him to suck it up and get along with his dad or consider getting a place of his own.

DEAR EUGENIA: I've been in a relationship with someone for just over two years. He was born on June 3, 1970, at 1:13 p.m., and I was born on Feb. 9, 1982, at 11:34 a.m.

I'm now looking to move on, as situation after situation has presented itself that has shown his focus is solely on his own satisfaction. I've been going back and forth but finally am asking for universal support in how to move out without putting myself in a worse situation. Living in a city where real estate and rentals are crazy, it's not so easy to separate financially. Is there some sort of cosmic support I can count on, or should I look to move out of the city until I can afford to move back?

I have a feeling the work I've been doing might open me up to a lucrative opportunity or potential to travel that would answer this need to find another place in the smoothest way possible. -- Aquarius

Dear Aquarius: The comparison with your Gemini isn't the greatest, so it's probably not worth putting in more time and effort. His chart indicates that he can be manipulative and emotionally deceptive, so it's best to get out without a big fight.

Consider a move that will geographically put you somewhere between your workplace and the airport, given the prospects that lie ahead. It is apparent that you may tend to overspend or commit to a place that turns out to be more costly than anticipated. Be very careful when signing a lease or contract; look for hidden expenses or lack of benefits.

Regarding love, it will be heading in your direction early next year. Take your time and get to know your new partner before you decide to live together.

Dear Eugenia: What do you see heading my way in 2018? I know it's a general question, and yes, I know I'm not going to win the lottery and I will never be famous or rich.

I just wondered if life will always be this hard and if I will always have to scrimp and scrape my way from one paycheck to another, never being able to afford anything valuable and having nothing to show for this life.

No house, no vehicle, no teeth, after 44 years already behind me. I feel my life has been a total waste. Any hope you can offer will be appreciated. I was born on Nov. 29, 1972, at 4:20 p.m. -- Sagittarius

Dear Sagittarius: You just experienced your second half-life Saturn. It has brought you to this point and forced you to re-evaluate your life. Not pleased, you want to make adjustments. You should have begun to do so this year, and if you haven't, it's not too late, but please get moving.

Nothing happens unless we make it so. It's never easy, but no one ever said life was going to be. What you accumulate doesn't amount to being successful or happy; it's how you live and what you are willing to give back.

Getting involved in organizations that help others will in turn help you. Participate, meet new people and turn what you have to offer in terms of services into a little extra cash and a fulfilling lifestyle.

Having a purpose or cause you believe in can be more gratifying than all the riches in the world. Start small, reach out and see who takes your hand. You have just begun a romantic cycle that will continue throughout next year. Don't deprive yourself -- take control of your life and strive for personal growth, honesty and stability.

(To submit astrological questions to the "Dear Eugenia" column, visit Eugenialast.com, or join Eugenia on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.)

More like Dear Eugenia