Dear Eugenia For December 03, 2017

Dear Eugenia: Pisces always pursue me, and I end up with a victim or being manipulated. Now I have another one, born on Feb. 24, 1964. We have seen each other three times in the past five weeks with some pretty consistent texting and calls.

The mutual attraction was there from the start, and he is backing off already. He has a full-time job and is also a guitarist in a local band with PLENTY of women swooning over him. I'm concerned with continuing to see him because of that and experiences with my past Pisces.

Can he be trusted? Why is he backing away already? Do you see him contacting me, and if so, when? Do you see us having trust and a long-term relationship? Not so sure I believe Pisces and Scorpio are a match made in heaven, as so many horoscope sites state. I was born on Nov. 18, 1961, at 8:01 a.m. -- Scorpio

Dear Scorpio: You cannot go by Sun signs alone. Astrological compatibility is the result of a relatively positive correlation between all the planets and luminaries in both natal charts. Although as a rule Pisces is a pretty good Sun sign for a Scorpio to snuggle up to, in your particular case they often turn into a life lesson of some sort.

This particular Pisces has his natal Venus in Aries and his Neptune in Scorpio. The Venus placement makes it difficult for him to have eyes for only one, and unfortunately his natal Neptune (creativity, deception) hovers too close to your natal Sun. So chances are good it will be difficult for honesty to prevail, especially having your natal Sun in an area of your chart that deals with secrecy to begin with.

I must admit that emotionally, you do connect nicely. But when it comes to a mental and physical attraction, it appears to be a little lopsided, which could be why he is backing away. It is likely to end as quickly as it began, so when it comes to longevity it might be a problem.

Between now and the end of the year, your chart indicates that you are in a high cycle regarding love. This includes someone from your past coming back to you, your Pisces deciding to choose you over the girls swooning over him, or love and romance with someone altogether new. Don't waste this transit chasing someone in cool-off mode.

Dear Eugenia: I've gone through a very hard breakup in the past month and have begun a new job, which hasn't felt right for me since starting. I had my cards read and was told big changes are coming in the next months, but I'm hoping you may provide some guidance on how I can make those changes positive. I was born on June 13, 1991, at 3:15 a.m. -- Gemini

Dear Gemini: Changes are heading your way, but not until March through June of next year, and again December until the end of 2019. These changes appear to be from within -- in other words, self-improvement, inner growth, education or apprenticeships. It will be a year of questioning, learning and gaining experience, a time to consider what your aspirations are and how best to fulfill them.

This may all seem like a step backward, but at your age it's really a great time to find out who you are, what you like, and what and who you want to become. Your chart indicates that you would do well in communications, using your hands, home improvements, teaching or building your own business.

Don't sell yourself short or pine over someone who threw you to the curb. Right now is a time to enjoy friendships as opposed to one-on-one relationships. Take this time to grow emotionally and mentally and to discover what makes you tick and what you enjoy most.

The year ahead is one of personal growth. The last quarter of next year and the first half of 2019 will be the time for love, romance and building future dreams with someone special.

Dear Eugenia: I've been talking to Michael via messages and some phone calls since November 2016. He's been working in Afghanistan, so we haven't met in person yet. He's talking about coming back to the States mid-October 2018. But with him there's really no telling when. It could be next week or next month. He won't tell me the exact date; something tells me that it will be very soon and a huge surprise to me one day when he knocks on my door.

He's a Gemini born on June 12, 1980, and I was born on Sept. 27, 1980, at 3:51 p.m. My problem is I feel extremely close to him, and being a Libra, I'm more open with my feelings than he is. I want this relationship to work. I'm ready to be with my true love and commit to a long-term relationship.

I can't tell through messages or phone calls if he feels the same way, or if I'm just for entertainment while he's in Afghanistan. Is there a romantic relationship future for us? Does he feel the same way about me as I do about him? Will I end up alone and broken-hearted after meeting him? When will I meet him? If he's not my soul mate/true love, when will I meet my true love/soul mate? -- Going Crazy

Dear Going Crazy: Your charts interact a considerable number of times, which is a good thing and also why you feel such an attraction without having met him in the flesh. That being said, there is one thing that does set off a red flag astrologically. The planet Neptune in both your and his natal charts weighs heavy on enforcing uncertainty, deception and disillusionment.

Without his time of birth, it's difficult to see where its effects take place in his chart. In yours, it appears to be in an area that deals with contracts, commitment, social relationships and having children. It will take the right partner to not set that off in your chart, making it preferable that you look for a partner that isn't as close in age.

The sign Gemini is one that usually is best kept as a friend, not a long-term partner. This Gemini, however, was born with his natal Neptune in opposition to his natal Sun, Moon and Venus, which denotes emotional deception on his part or the part of his partner, as well as sorrow when it comes to love and romance/family life/having children.

There are definitely pros and cons to this long-distance relationship. My suggestion is open communication to find out his intentions. Let him know that if he isn't serious and just looking for a friend, you can be that for him, but not to string you along. This is the only way you will be able to move forward with your life and find true love.

A Taurus, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces may help you move on. Choose someone who is at least a few years older or younger next time.

(To submit astrological questions to the "Dear Eugenia" column, visit Eugenialast.com, or join Eugenia on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.)

More like Dear Eugenia