Dear Eugenia For December 24, 2017

Dear Eugenia: I feel ready to leave my partner. I have been falling out of love with him as a result of his cheating, lying and lack of ambition to get our lives back on track. He and I have a child together. I feel in my heart that the best thing would be to end the relationship. But I am struggling with how to accomplish that in a civil, respectable and noble manner.

I don't want any more fighting, and I am very unhappy in my current situation. I want happiness for all three of us (my partner, son and I). This current state drains me of my energy and is very exhausting and can lead me to depressive states.

I don't know how to get him to move on without depleting my energy, time and money. I feel that he is still unfaithful and continues to be dishonest to me. I feel this in my heart and as a result of little comments here and there that make me feel like he is hiding more.

He is very dependent on me. And I want him to understand that it is unhealthy for him and that he deserves to be happy as well. I just want us to be able to raise our son peacefully and productively as co-parents, but I feel trapped as if I am unable to escape such a horrible emotional prison.

I was born on Feb. 5, 1986, at 10:14 a.m. He was born on July 3, 1985, and our son was born June 30, 2010, at 12:01 p.m. -- Aquarius

Dear Aquarius: You are in a toxic relationship, and it's destroying your family. Your astrological connection appears to be karmic, making it difficult for either one of you to walk away. Emotionally, you are not and never will be on the same page, but for karmic reasons you continue to put up with each other.

He falls in an area of your chart that deals with life lessons, communication and emotional deception. Your chart denotes that you attract this type of partner, so moving on doesn't mean that you will choose better in the future.

The upcoming year is not one that favors new relationships. It is a year that will make you address the problems you face now. Although counseling is always advised, I doubt very much it will change the outcome of your relationship.

It takes courage to make life-altering changes, but before you head down that path, consider your motives. It is apparent that you have fallen out of love with him, and once that happens it's very difficult to turn things around.

Dear Eugenia: I'm having a hard time with huge losses over the last four years, and probably previous years if I'm being honest. I was born on Aug. 24, 1968, at 12:04 a.m.

I was diagnosed with PTSD in 1999 and depression in 1995. I had not much therapy besides pharmaceuticals until March 2016. I was with a man for 15 years (born on July 19, 1967 at 12:30 p.m.) who is still a functioning alcoholic/drug abuser.

After surviving the loss of my home and vehicle in a flood, relocating and starting over, major losses came. On Aug. 25, 2013, my eldest sister (born on Dec. 21, 1956) succumbed to cancer. My son (born on July 28, 1993, at 8:31 p.m.) came to live with us while my boyfriend worked on the road. But two days later, my boyfriend went to jail for two months and proposed to me from there! Then in January 2015, he dumped me via text!

Why can't I get over him? Will I ever be independent and not wounded? My daughter (born on March 16, 1988, at 1:17 p.m.) helps me financially to make ends meet, sad but true.

Please help me see whether my life is going to change in a positive way soon. What more should I be doing to sustain myself and not be on assistance? -- Lost Virgo

Dear Lost Virgo: Yes indeed, you are lost, and the past three years in particular have been excruciatingly difficult for you, especially when it comes to home and family. That being said, this period has just ended, and it is time for new beginnings.

Now the biggest barrier you have to face is getting started. I suggest some sort of apprenticeship or any job you can apply for that doesn't pressure you or put stress on you. It's not about how much you earn; it's about getting back into the workforce and a daily routine. This takes time, but with the type of transits you have going through your chart, it is likely that you will have more discipline to succeed.

Regarding your Cancer man, he isn't a bad match, but he has his own problems to deal with. Although I would not rule him out, whether it would be a backward step to reunite is the question.

Moving forward, your chart does indicate that your Cancer man could waltz back into your life or a relationship with someone new will develop. This is prevalent between now and the fall of next year.

First, however, you have to get to work and start living a structured lifestyle. This may seem impossible right now, but as the year closes and next year starts, it will be easier to accomplish. Start small, answer ads for part-time work, and move forward from there.

Dear Eugenia: I am unsure about a colleague at work. She can be very nice to me and has been a comfort to me during a bereavement I experienced a few months ago.

The thing is that she can also be very cold and distant and aggressive to me (and others). I don't know where I stand with her. I like her, but I feel very afraid of her most of the time. But when she is gentle I feel very secure with her.

I'm unsure how genuine she is, and I don't want to continue this relationship if it's not good for me. She is a Capricorn, born on Dec. 27, 1978, and I was born on Dec. 7, 1983, at 7 p.m. I need clarity regarding this relationship. -- Uncertain

Dear Uncertain: The astrological comparison with your friend has both good and bad aspects to it. On the favorable side, you do get along mentally and emotionally. But the problem arises when it comes to whether she is on your side. Uncertainty prevails regarding how much she can help you get ahead or if she would even bother.

Your Capricorn friend is also a colleague, and that is something you should never forget. I believe as long as you keep your relationship friendly and don't share personal information with her, you will do just fine. If you have already shared too much about your life outside work or how you feel about other colleagues, it may cause a problem in the future.

The comparison does indicate as well that she should be just as concerned about you as you are of her. Tread carefully.

(To submit astrological questions to the "Dear Eugenia" column, visit Eugenialast.com, or join Eugenia on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.)

More like Dear Eugenia